Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Blood In, Blood Out

I remember being young, thinking I was 10 feet tall and bulletproof. Young people think they're immune to anything, nothing can harm them but that isn't true. I pretty much had an epiphany today. I had a few tests done at the doctor's office. Now, I usually have a pretty good breakfast to start the day for the most part. However, I figured I'd run to the doctor's, come back and eat. Well, I had no idea he wanted me to do some blood work today. Anyways, the blood lady couldn't seem to find veins in either of my arms. When she finally did, she had to take blood out of both. All of a sudden I started to feel really dizzy and felt like throwing up. When I awoke, I saw the lady's face but I didn't recognize her. I had passed out. In my 30 years on this earth I had never passed out from anything before in my life. Which proves my point, when we're young we think we're unstoppable. Even up until today I thought I could take on the world. It takes a split second for us to realize that we're all just dust in the wind. Pretty scary isn't it? Yeah, I didn't mean the Kansas song.

Unknown Legend out

No comments: