Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Waxing Nostalgia

It's only days away. The end of summer, well not exactly, but the symbol to the end of summer...the grand old lady...The Canadian National Exhibition. The Ex is a symbol of some of the better times in my life. The years I played in a marching band during the Warrior's Day Parade, the year Manny and I tried to pick up two young ladies sitting in chairs near us, the year Mike won a video game by throwing a football, the time I met my cousin's future husband Dave. Or how about when PC cola was 25 cents or when I beat Mike to become the champion at whack-a-mole (a title he has since regained), the concerts I've seen or even those great gourmet lollipops. There has been talk about putting an end to the Ex. People say it's not as fun as it used to be. Well ladies and gentlemen, things have changed and the Ex has changed with the times. Although, I still love walking through the midway or simply taking a stroll through the many buildings that have brought so many smiles to children's faces I miss those cable cars that my dad used to take me on that took us all the way across to the other side of the Ex. I will walking down those same streets on Saturday, the ones I have many times before. Or should I say marching, you see I will be playing during the Warrior's Day Parade. If that's not enough reason to come hey, April Wine is playing a free show Saturday night. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Unknown Legend

No comments: