Friday, August 31, 2007

Am I Missing Something?

I've always been somewhat of a fan of celebrity. Not the typical Brad and Angelina garbage you see on t.v. I'm talking about people who have done something to become famous not become famous because they're good looking or rich. I have met many famous people in my life. Gordon Lightfoot, Ian Tyson, Joe Flaherty. I was even friends with Corey Haim for the longest time. The list goes on and on but there is one person who I never met, who became very famous and I can't for the life of me understand why. The late Princess Diana. What on earth was it that made the whole world stop and watch this lady stroll up and down through war torn countries? Is it because she was a normal girl who married into royalty? Is that every woman's fantasy? I have a dislike for the royal family as a whole. Just because a bunch of people have money doesn't mean a whole lot in my books. Wouldn't it be nice if all of us could sit on our asses and do jack all day and be respected by so many Brits...but I digress. It's the 10 year anniversary of Diana's death and people everywhere are lighting candles and placing flowers in her name. When did Diana become a saint? In my opinion Diana's fame brought on the likes of paparazzi favourites Britney Spears and Lindsay Lohan. Just to name a few. She began our tabloid love affair with the rich and famous. If there's anything she's to be remembered for...it's that.

Unknown Legend

No comments: